There are many moments in your wedding ceremony and reception adventure when all eyes will truly be on you and your fiancé. One of those moments is during your first dance. Not the best dancer? Pretty sure you have a problem dancing? All of thats okay as long as you choose the most perfect first dance song. If youre unsure of how to pick a great winner, here are four tips to get you started.
1. Press Play on a Handful Options
If you dont know where to start, you should scroll through the current Billboard Hot 100, your iTunes or Spotify playlist, and the playlists of your fiancé, and see if there are any songs that jump out at you and make your heart race an extra beat. Have a song you both really like? or specific music style you both enjoy? Start with those options first. If the song is too much Rock n Roll (is that even possible) or too fast paced, you can always look up the acoustic version of the song and see if its a good first wedding dance fit.
2. Lean on Google or YouTube
A quick search on Google and you will have more ideas for first dance songs than you will know what to do with! Its a great way to kick-off your brainstorming session.
3. Take the First Step
If youre torn between a couple of options, put them on and practice your first dance. See which one feels right. See which one makes you beam with a contagious smile and feel an onset of tears rushing to your eyelids.
4. Make Your Own Mash-up
When it comes to your wedding, you shouldnt have to compromise. If you want to do something a little different or combine a couple of your favorite songs, do it! You can even switch between a slow song and a more upbeat wedding dance track.
5. Phone a Friend
Sometimes it helps to turn off your playlists and put an end on your Google search and chat with the people who know you best. Ask family and close friends to give you a list of songs that they think remind them of you and your hubby-to-be.
6. Consult with your DJ
With years of Experience Sheboygans DJ, a wedding specialist has years of dedication and knowledge from past Sheboygan weddings. Also Sheboygans Wedding DJ is willing to meet with you to discuss selection options. With an extensive library, Sheboygans Wedding DJ has many options to choose from.
You have thought about music for every moment of your wedding day, your Sheboygan wedding ceremony songs, your first dance tune, even what to play at your after-party. But have you considered what to play during your wedding reception dinner?
Whether you're planning a daytime wedding cocktail hour, indoor or outdoor with a scrumptious lunch or a more formal evening reception with a multi-course dinner in Sheboygan, the ambience relies largely on the kind of music you play as guests eat. With conversation taking the spotlight (that is, of course, when the toasts are finished), its important to play tunes that have great instrumentals, or classic songs everyone knows that fill the void after a joke is told. We created a Spotify playlist of beloved music you can cue up during mealtime that will set the perfect mood.You can also consult with your professional wedding DJ for song selection options.
Standards, as with every other part of a wedding, are always a good choice. Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrongs duet of Dream a Little Dream of Me, Bobby Darins Beyond the Sea, and Tony Bennetts The Way You Look Tonight never fail to spark the romance. Were also huge fans of alternative hits, like Camilas Bésame, Foo Fighters Everlong, and Jack Johnsons Upside Down. Throw in a little bit of Paul Simons Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, Michael Bublés Everything, and The Lovin Spoonfuls Do You Believe in Magic, and your guests will be ready to party. Jack Johnson, as well as Adele spark a newer age of music, and your professional Sheboygan Wedding DJ can elegantly mix your dinner music.
With weddings, the love is in the details, so even if these songs end up being in the background, the feel they give off will create a fun, celebratory tone. After all, traditionally the wedding reception is to celebrate your wedding, kick back and enjoy! So Sit back, relax, listen, and start making your wedding reception meal general play list or artist list now!
Have you been searching for the perfect first-dance song for your DJ to play for your Sheboygan wedding? Finding the right song is probably top-of-mind. You want it to be beautiful, memorable, soulful and an expression of your love for each other. To help your guests to get into the vibe also, you may want to invite them to the dance floor half way though your wedding first dance. As you search for the melody thats right for you, consider this list of love songs that are simply beautiful and are stuck in our heads:
1. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri: This song is beautiful and soulful and it speaks to love that lasts eternally. Play it in your wedding reception hall and your guests will have difficulty catching their breath.
2. Green Apples by Chantal Kreviasuk: A gorgeous melody with poetic lyrics, it would be perfect at an outdoor reception on a summer night (especially with a fire burning somewhere in the distance, mirroring the words in the song).
3. When Im With You by Ben Rector: The lyrics say it all and speak to the fact that the two of you are better together - a prefect wedding song in Sheboygan (and your wedding guests will see why when this song is played over the speakers).
4. Hold You in My Arms Ray LaMontagne: Sultry and searing, this is one of our favorite love songs that will ping the hearts of your guests.
5. First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes: Mark the first day of your life together with this beautiful song thats all about love and new beginnings. (Coincidentally we also think it could make a great song to walk down the aisle to before you say I do!)
6. Make You Feel My Love by Adele: Only Adele could take this classic song and make the words even more intensely felt. Just add twinkle lights and youre set for perfection.
7. Sweet Dream by Greg Laswell: Short and sweet, we love this melodic, dreamy love song, which is especially perfect for the couple who wants to segue into a faster song afterwards.
8. Into Dust by Mazzy Star: Were suckers for this entire album, but think this lesser-known track makes a gorgeous first-dance song, especially for smaller, more intimate receptions.
9. Only Love by Ben Howard. The perfect tone and deeply touching ... a love song made for the dance floor.
10. By Your Side by Sade: So what if this song did make an appearance in that episode of Sex and the City when Samantha dances with Richard; we still think its an ode to utter devotion and complete perfection for brides and grooms.
11. And Then You by Greg Laswell: Yes, two Greg Laswell songs on one list (apparently were that obsessed!). This song is all about finding refuge in your one true love when storms swirl around. Gorgeous.
12. You Are the Light by The Innocence Mission: We heard this song for the first time last year and fell in love with its joyful tone and sweet message of love. It would work for a cozy winter wedding, when its dark outside and your shared love lights up the room.
Hey everyone! I may be a Mrs. now, but that doesnt mean I cant look back and help guide y'all on your bride-to-be journeys. And one major component of any wedding is … the music!
When Jeremy and I began looking for a Sheboygan Wedding DJ, we were a bit befuddled at first: A) there are SO MANY; B) each one comes with a price tag that may or may not have you quivering in your garter. Because, whoa, the price tags can be steep. So what Id like to do is break down what we did and the end result.
After much research, we chose Infinity DJ
How did we find them? Everyone - do your research. Find friends that have actually seen the company in person and worked with them on a personal level. Go to Sheboygans trusted wedding website that offers multiple vendors for the Sheboygan area. We reached out to Sheboygans Wedding DJ and were nothing but pleased with their interactions with us and willingness to be flexible with our needs. They were very fast getting back to us and were quick to answer any questions we had.
MEET with them, in person if at all possible. You need to know that your DJ is a good fit, personality-wise and that they are willing to listen to your desires and stick with them! Our Wedding DJ was located directly in Sheboygan! We knew it would be a great fit for our modern musical style — Fun Pop Dance meets classic rock and traditional wedding songs for everyone. Why be normal - Infinity DJ actually told us that it is our wedding our way! But we were also impressed that their owner, Clayton, attended the first meeting as well. It showed true investment in us and it went a long way to making us feel good about our choice.
As we planned our wedding, it became very clear that DJs have a lot more on their plate than we originally thought. Think about it. All the equipment: speakers, sound boards, lighting, cables, microphones. Thats a lot. Not to mention talent – DJing is an art form and a DJ worth their weight will know exactly how to play to the crowd and keep the party rocking. Not only with the music, but the emcee duties! They must know how to guide the crowd every step of the way and make sure there are no awkward pauses or confusion about whats going on. Our DJ did an amazing job across the board in keeping the party flowing smoothly. Lastly, if you want music in your Sheboygan wedding ceremony and its at the same location, the DJ has to do double-duty! Extra speakers, wireless mics for the officiant, logistics if the ceremony is in a different location than the reception and more songs to handle. I give them a large amount of respect and it makes sense that DJs/music are often one of the most overlooked and biggest amount of work on the DJs part in a wedding.
If I learned anything while planning a wedding, its that YES, everything is negotiable. Even if you dont score a big markdown, you may wind up getting extra bells and whistles added to the existing price for free. The bottom line is that any great business person will know that the happier you are, the better for them. And these guys were no exception. We were able to get additional Fun photo booth and professional video with discounts and a very respectable overall price, just by asking the right questions (what else do you offer? do you carry discounts with those items?). As a result, we were very, very happy with the outcome. Its a win-win!
Sit down with your soon-to-be-spouse and make a list of must-haves and must-NOT-haves. Our Sheboygan Wedding DJ provided an easy to fill out sheet. Think about all the pieces of the day: pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, reception, exit music … its a lot, but just tackle it one at a time. As for relaying your choices to the DJ? Infinity DJ has a HUGE database of songs and could buy anything we needed.
Couldnt be happier. They arrived exactly on time and everything went off without a hitch! We received tons of compliments from our guests about the music execution. Everything flowed, the songs that we chose for the ceremony and reception were great and fit our style. And at the reception, if there were requests, our DJ accommodated them. Dont tell anyone, but I did The Wobble and Cupid Shuffle at my own wedding! Hey, if the crowd wants it, a brides gotta do what a brides gotta do! Our DJ from Infinity DJ knocked it out of the wedding park. If youre in the Sheboygan area and are looking for a rockin DJ, my highest recommendation goes to
Technology has come a great way since the days of brick cellular phones and the full blown usage of the internet
With the advent of technology planning for your Sheboygan wedding, many brides are heading head first into the technological revolution of internet planning. Ditching the paper and pen for Dropbox, Google Drive, and many others. With an on-line service you have your entire wedding planning kit with you 24x7 on your smart phone. A simple tap brings up your wedding planning items, easily changed instantly.
With Google Drive you can share spreadsheets, documents, pictures, and much more instantly. With the widespread wireless access from your smart phone, changes are instantly updated and all users can see your changes. You can also go back if you save a document by mistake. Coordination can be accomplished for your Sheboygan wedding quickly. With nearly everyone owning a smart phone, you are sure to have instant updates and changes to your wedding party and also communicate quickly with all members of your party
Many Sheboygan wedding vendors have websites with information on-line on booking professional services with prices. Many sites allow you save your information for your Sheboygan Wedding Quickly and share it with everyone else. THis collection of information, readily available 24x7 helps to plan your wedding quickly, allowing you to enjoy your wedding ceremony, wedding reception, and honeymoon without any worries!
Loading images, creating documents, as well as editing items is easily and quickly done. Changes can be shared with all wedding vendors, parents, and everyone in your wedding party! Many wedding vendors offer digital copies or on-line worksheets for you to fill out and submit or email. THis ability saves the headache of finding lost documents, phone numbers or trying to remember email addresses.
Your wedding in Sheboygan with high quality vendors should be easy on you! Technology allows your wedding in Sheboygan, your ceremony, or reception to be planned without any issue.
Your wedding is your own. And in today's society, people have been constantly scouring every book for any way to make their Sheboygan wedding as personal and as unique as possible. One way to do this is to whip up your own wedding vows.
Traditionally, couples to be wed do not have much of a say in what goes into many of the words spoken during the wedding ceremony. Today, it is increasingly getting easier to personalize and influence what is said during the ceremony - within reasonable bounds, though.
If you desire to make your Sheboygan wedding vows unique and personal, you are not alone. Many other couples incorporate feelings, and intimate messages into their wedding vows. It has an added effect of making your wedding more touching, dramatic, and memorable.
Talk with the Officiant Ahead of Time, very important! If you would like to personalize your wedding vows, first notify your Officiant to find out the legalities, guidelines and rules in drafting your own wedding vows. He or she will typically give pointers and examples to help you draw up your own vows. Furthermore, the Officiant will inform you of the parts of the vow that are expected to be said.
Have you ever wondered why Jennifer Lopez had made such a great impact on her movie, "The Wedding Planner?" This is because most people, after watching the film, had finally realized the importance of hiring a wedding planner.
Long before, most couples are having second thoughts on the idea of hiring a wedding planner. They have doubts if hiring the services of a wedding planner is really worth their money, especially those who are in a tight budget.
Basically, hiring the services of a wedding planner is actually a matter of choice and personal preference. If you think that you and your fiancé can handle most of the wedding planning without any burden, then, go on with your plans.
But if you think that doing all the planning from the very beginning is already tedious, then, it is time for you to hire the services of a wedding planner.
Basically, a wedding planner is someone who is adept and knowledgeable when it comes to wedding plans. Wedding planners have already established their contacts with many businesses that are important in the wedding such as flower arrangers, caterers, venues, etc.
So, for most people who are not yet aware the benefits they can derive from hiring a wedding planner, here are some facts that you need to know:
1. Hiring a wedding planner will save you time. Planning a wedding can be a daunting task. It can even be more tedious if the person who plans the wedding is a participant also like the bride or the groom. It can be really difficult to have an open mind especially with all the jitters and everything. Moreover, planning a wedding does not happen overnight. Usually, it would take you 200 to 300 hours of planning, thinking, and brainstorming. Hence, to save you time and effort, it is best to hire the services of a wedding planner.
2. More savings Many people contend that the reason why they do not hire a wedding planner is that it will be an additional cost on their part. What they do not know is that hiring the services of a wedding planner can actually save you more money because most of the wedding planners have already established solid contacts with some of the common wedding businesses like flower arrangers, venues, and the like. Therefore, discounts are more likely to happen because they have their own connections already.
3. Organized planning With wedding planners, weddings can be more organized because most wedding planners are very particular from the biggest down to the last details of the wedding. After all, it is their job so they know what should be done best. Moreover, wedding planners have actual timeline that they follow in order to have all the details be ready on time or even way ahead of time, leaving all the last-minute changes behind.
4. The decisions are still yours With wedding planners, the decisions are still with the couple. The wedding planner will just guide, render some suggestions, and assist the couple in making the decision. Hence, the couple will be able to, still, have their own style and preference with regards to the planning of their wedding.
5. Confidence boosters One of the best things about wedding planners is that they act as confidence boosters for the bride and the groom. We all know how jittery and edgy wedding couples can be especially if they are in a rush or having trouble finding the perfect item for their wedding. But wedding planner, they will be more at ease and more confident that their wedding will be perfect because they know that they have laid the details of their wedding upon the hands of a professional.
Indeed, there could be no better person who really knows the ins and outs of wedding planning more than what the wedding planner can do.
So, for great weddings, it is best to hire the services of a wedding planner.
You've found the perfect groom. You've bought the perfect dress. You're expecting a perfect wedding. Now all you need is the perfect wedding venue. Having a perfect wedding relies largely on having a perfect venue. That's why you should treat finding a wedding venue as if you are buying a new house. It is, after all, where you will receive and treat your friends and relatives in probably the most memorable night of your life.
Trust your instincts. As soon as you arrive in a particular venue you will automatically have a certain feeling towards it. You have to trust your instinct. If you feel a certain positive vibration to the venue then that's a good start. In the same way, you will know automatically if a certain venue is not right for you and your wedding. This doesn't mean though that you should not be logical in choosing a wedding venue. It's the place where you will exchange vows with the man you love so it has to feel right.
Take your time. Don't ever rush in choosing the perfect wedding venue. A wedding is a very important event so take time to get the venue right. Ideally, you should start looking for a venue at least a year before the wedding date. This would give you enough time to make the right decisions and change the venue in case anything happens.
Consider the size. The size of the venue is a very important consideration. If the venue is too small, the wedding will loose its intimacy. If it's too big, it will be cramped and uncomfortable. The size of your wedding will depend of course on the number of your guests. So before looking for a wedding you must at least have a rough idea of how many guests you will be planning to invite. Be as precise as possible. You cannot say that you're planning to invite from 200 to 500 guests. The 300 person difference would matter a lot in terms of the venue size. You must also leave ample space for the dance area. The more guests you have, the larger space you need to allot for the dance area.
Check the parking space. One of the complaints of people who have attended weddings is the lack of parking space. Be sure that the wedding venue you will choose has ample space for all of your guests. Parking may be a minor consideration but it can spell the difference between a happy guest and a dissatisfied one.
Know the restrictions of the venue. Be sure to ask about the restrictions of a wedding venue if there are any. There may be restrictions about noise so you might not be able to employ a band or even a sound system. Some venues have time restrictions while some would allow you to party all night long. There are even venues with decorations restrictions. Check if the wedding venue would allow you to bring your own caterer, florist, decorator, etc because there are venues that have preferred contractors and suppliers.
Draw a layout of your wedding. Have a layout of your wedding. Before choosing a wedding venue, you must already have a layout (either on your mind or drawn into paper) of your wedding. You must know where you want gusts to sit, the reception area, the dining area, etc. Then check if the venue fits your layout.